Sunday, September 23, 2007

NEW Spiral Beach - "Ball"


Canada's Spiral Beach

I don't listen to a whole lot of danceable music. People who come to parties at my place are always complaining that they can't dance to my CD/LP/MP3 collection (What, you don't wanna dirty dance to Karen Dalton?), a completely fair accusation, but one I haven't made a point of remedying, really. Maybe 'cause I don't dance well, and I can't have people upstaging me. That's why it's nice that Spiral Beach's self-titled album reached my mailbox. Spiral Beach's super-layered, super-hyper sound is making me rethink my unwarranted and ignorant aversion to electro/dance/trance music, with songs like "Kind of Beast" and "Red Shoes"... There's something very Starlight Mints-ish about tempo-fluctuating "Astro Girl," which is never a bad thing, in my opinion. Not album of the year material, but if you wanna have fun, pop this in.

LISTEN:
"Made of Stone" [MP3]
"Kind of Beast" [MP3]

ON THE WEB:
Spiral Beach on MySpace

No comments: