Friday, July 13, 2007

The Crayon Fields: "Impossible Things"


It’s no secret I’m a big fan of clapping in songs. However discriminating I am in the rest of my taste in music, if a song’s got some hand-clapping, I’m gonna be listening to it. Mostly. Try me, try to name a song with clapping in it I don’t like. I dare you. But some of them truly do rise above the pack from time to time. One of the latest for me is The Crayon Fields' delectable “Impossible Things,” off their latest album, Animal Bells. The song, like the rest of the album, also capitalizes on my love of the Beach Boys and Beach Boys-style harmonies, not to mention retro pop jangliness. iTunes has labeled it "Children's Music," which speaks volumes for all its Brian Wilson-esque qualities ("Vega-Tables," anyone?). Music so dreamy, even Pitchfork couldn't resist. These Aussies have created an album you won't want to miss.

LISTEN:
"Impossible Things" [MP3]
[[Off Animal Bells]]

ON THE WEB:
The Crayon Fields' MySpace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: