Thursday, July 26, 2007

Break Out The Bubbly For Bishop Allen's New Release


I have to admit, as a huuuuuge Bishop Allen fan, I had kinda taken the idea of a new album for granted (especially because I'd already heard all the album's tracks before in some form or another), but I have to say, I've been blown away. I'm loving this more than Charm School. The tracks sound more polished, sure, but not overdone by any means. Bishop Allen's still raw and charming as ever. In fact, I feel like I'm listening to them all for the first time. I cannot stop smiling. "Middle Management" just began thundering through my room, and with that, Bishop Allen has officially taken control of my facial muscles. Seriously, though - thank you, Bishop Allen! They really are some of the nicest people making music today, and I can't wait to hear them live again at the Echo on July 31!

PS -- I just discovered that BA is Paste Magazine's Band of the Week.

LISTEN:
"Rain" [MP3]

ON THE WEB:
Bishop Allen's website
Bishop Allen's MySpace

No comments: