Friday, January 4, 2008

Alvin Band: Cause You Miss Miss Panda Bear Already?


Sometimes I think maybe this blog should just be re-named "Brian Wilson-esque." Because one of my most over-used adjectives for describing new artists I write about on this site is just that. I can't help it, it's what I like listening to, and it's what I enjoy pushing off on my few readers. Alvin Band (comprised of one Rick Alvin Schaier), too, is in the business of perpetuating my favorite variety of crazy, loopy, noodling, harmonious music. The album's called Lady Portrait (2007), and you can download a ton of the songs off the guy's MySpace page. It's nice to feel a little bit of hallucinogenic sunshine amidst these freezing, rainy winter days.

LISTEN:
"Tijuana" [MP3]

ON THE WEB:
Alvin Band's MySpace

No comments: