Sunday, September 9, 2007

Introducing Tournaments: "Bold Colors" and "Lone Sailor"


They invented the boldest of colors.

Tonight I've got two great songs from Tournaments, an up-and-coming band of indie poppers from the UK that I have a hard time believing have only just played their first show last month (according to the band's MySpace). The five-piece band will be joining Lucero for a couple of dates on the UK leg of its fall tour. The demos the band's recorded include "Lone Sailor," a cute and sad ballad that ends up being a marriage proposal (did I just ruin the end?) and "Boldest of Colors," a fun little pop song with lyrics about coloring the walls that's got me seeing rainbows and has sent visions of Crayola crayons (the classic 64-pack) dancing through my head.

LISTEN:
"Bold Colors" [MP3]
"Lone Sailor" [MP3]

ON THE WEB:
Tournaments on MySpace

No comments: