Monday, August 20, 2007

Jesus and Mary Chain Planning New Album, Tour!


Um, que? 'Scuse me? Yeah, P-Fork confirms the JAMC are planning a new album, and have announced tour dates. Evan Dando and Soulsavers join them, too: 90s flashback! See you guys at the Wiltern! I saw them at Coachella last year (one of the few acts I did manage to catch in my short stay at the festival) -- you know, the one that will always be known as "the time Scarlet Johansson sang with them" -- and while it wasn't like the best thing I ever saw, I'm definitely excited for another album. Album #7.

DATES:
08-25 Paris, France - Rock en Seine
08-31 Argyll, Scotland - Connect Festival
09-01 Stradbally, Ireland - Electric Picnic
09-07 London, England – Brixton Academy
10-20 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues *
10-22 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues *
10-23 Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre *#
10-26 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore *#
10-27 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore *#

* with Evan Dando (solo acoustic)
# with Soulsavers (featuring Mark Lanegan)

LISTEN:
"Cherry Came Too" [MP3]
(From Darklands)

ON THE WEB:
The JAMC's website

No comments: